Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Devotional October 26th


His Joy...And Ours

Always be filled with Joy in the Lord. I say it again--rejoice! Philipians 4:4

Christ made it clear; He intends that His joy should become our joy. Yet sometimes, amid the inevitable hustle and bustle of life-here-on-earth, we can forfeit--albeit temporarily--the joy of Christ as we wrestle with the daily challenges of living. Billy Graham correctly observed, "When Jesus Christ is the source of our joy, no words can describe it." And C.S. Lewis noted that, "Joy is the serious business of Heaven." So here's a prescription for better spiritual health: Open the door of your soul to Christ. When you do, He will give you peace and joy. When I think of God, my heart is so full of joy that the notes leap and dance as they leave my pen; and since God has given me a cheerful heart, I can serve Him with a cheerful spirit. Have a great day. Thank God and thank you.

Grow a wise heart--you'll do yourself a favor; keep a clear head--you'll find a good life. Proverbs 19:8

No comments:

Post a Comment