Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Daily Devotional- October 12th


Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff - they comfort me. (Psalms 23:4 NRSV Bible)
There is a story of a family who was on their way home from church. The son asked his mom, "Is it true that we are made of dust like the minister said tonight?"
"Yes, darling," his mom replied.

"And is it true that we go back to dust again when we die?

"Yes, dear," his mother replied.

"Well, mom, when I said my prayers last night and looked under the bed, I saw someone who is either coming or going.

Life is a continuing process of coming and going. Are we ready for what life and death will bring us?

And Jesus said to them, "Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come with power," (Mark 9:1).

Dear Jesus, may your kingdom come in my life, as I prepare my life for eternity. Amen. Have a great day. Thank God and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment