Sunday, September 25, 2011

Daily Devotional: September 25th


Fit to Serve

Whatever you eat, drink, or whatever you do, you must do all for the Glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

We live in a world in which leisure is glorified and consumption is commercialized. But God has other plans. He did not create us for lives of gluttony or laziness; He created us for greater things. God has a plan for every aspect of your life, and His plan includes provisions for your physical health. But He expects you to do your fair share of the work! In a world that is chock-full of tasty temptations, you may find it all too easy to make unhealthy choices. Your challenge, of course, is to resist those unhealthy temptations by every means you can, including prayer. And rest assured: when you ask for God's help, He will give it. We have a world to explore and master, and we can't do it if our bodies are accumulating fat and our muscles, joints, and internal organs are breaking down. We need exercise.

The one who acquires good sense loves himself; one who safeguards understanding finds success. Proverbs 19:8

This is so important to me. I weighed 265 at one point this year and my chest and heart began to hurt. I was out of shape and felt literally like I could have a heart attack. At 25, thats scary. I now have lost 30 pounds and I plan on losing 20 more. I feel healthier and most definitely in shape. I did not starve myself. I just got active and ate right. You can do it! Have a great day. Thank God and thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment