Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Daily Devotional: September 21


A Walk With God

I've laid down a pattern for you. What I've done, you do. John 13:15.

Each day, we are confronted with countless opportunities to serve God and to follow in the footsteps of His Son. When we do, our Heavenly Father guides our steps and blesses our endeavors. As citizens of a fast-changing world, we face challenges that sometimes leave us feeling overworked, over-committed, and overwhelmed. But God has different plans for us. He intends that we slow down long enough to praise Him and to glorify His Son. When we do, He lifts our spirits and enriches our lives. Today provides a glorious opportunity to place yourself in the service of the One who is the Giver of all blessings. May you seek His will, may you trust His Word, and may you walk in the footsteps of His Son. Christ is to be sought and bought with any pains, at and price; we cannot buy this gold too dear. he is a jewel worth more than thousand worlds. Get him, and get all; miss him and miss all.

The plans of the diligent lead to profit. Proverbs 21:5

Sometimes we all get so busy and we miss the chance to talk to people and more importantly talk to God. In this world we are always moving. Just slow down. Take a breath and thank God. I would also like to remember in my prayers Troy Davis. Someone who I do not know but someone that has touched the lives on millions I am not one to judge or say who did it and who did not do it, but I am one against the death penalty. The only person controlling life and death in my opinion is God. I was not there the night of that murder. But I am here now and I see that this case could be a cry for our country to show just how just or unjust it is. Always remember that at any time we could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. Have a great day. Thank God and Thank you..

No comments:

Post a Comment