Thursday, October 9, 2014

You Have the Mind of Christ - Daily Devotional


For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart. 
—I Corinthians 2:16
In 1 Corinthians 2:16 we are told we have the mind of Christ. This statement overwhelms many people. If these were not the words of the Bible, they wouldn’t even believe it. But Paul was not saying we’re perfect or we’ll never fail. He was telling us that we can think spiritual thoughts because Christ is alive within us. Thankfully, we no longer have to think the way we once did; we can begin to think as He did.
Another way to look this is to point to the promise God spoke through Ezekiel: “A new heart will I give you and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you” (Ezekiel 36:26-27)
Your mind, heart, and spirit are new in Christ. You are growing spiritually and becoming more like Him each day-that’s something to be thankful for!
Prayer of Thanks Thank You, Father, that You have given me the mind of Christ. I no longer have to dwell on anxious, fearful, insecure thoughts. Because of Jesus, my mind is renewed and I can think positive, joyful, faith-filled thoughts about my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment