Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Daily Devotional - God’s Way Is Always Better


You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because he commits himself to You, leans on You, and hopes confidently in You. 
—Isaiah 26:3
We may not always get things our way in life, but we can trust that God’s way is better. God is a good God, and He said that He has good things planned for His children: “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
We do not have to be afraid of harm, because God is not an ogre; He is not mean. He is good. We can rejoice with thanksgiving, knowing that everything good in life comes from God. He wants us to trust Him, and when we take a step of faith to do so, we will see the goodness of God manifested in our lives. The more we surrender, the better life becomes.
Prayer of Thanks Father, when I find myself disappointed by my circumstances, help me to remember that You are in control. I thank you that Your plan for my life is so much better than my own plan. I trust You and Your direction for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment