Thursday, April 10, 2014

Daily Devotional - Open Your Mouth


David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I’ll strike you down . . . and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel.” 
—Samuel 17:45–46 NIV
Like David, we all have enemies or what we call giants in our lives who need to be defeated. First Samuel 17:42–48 tells us that when David was preparing to do battle with the giant Goliath, he ran toward him (not away from him), with the power of God as his weaponry, confessing out loud what he believed the end result of the battle would be.
We can easily see from David’s example how we should approach the enemies we face in our own lives: we must open our mouths and speak the Word of God. You don’t ever have to be afraid of the giants in your life because the greatest One lives in you, and you can release His power by boldly speaking out your faith in Him.
Power Thought: I use the weapon of God’s Word to defeat my enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment