Thursday, April 17, 2014

Daily Devotional - Be Free


And Moses said to the Lord, O Lord, I am not eloquent or a man of words, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; for I am slow of speech and have a heavy and awkward tongue. And the Lord said to him, Who has made man’s mouth? . . . Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and will teach you what you shall say.
—Exodus 4:10–12
Put on a coat or a jacket and have someone tie your wrists together. Then try and take off your jacket. It can’t be done, can it? That’s what happens when you struggle with believing in yourself, when you let fear and self-doubt tie you up in knots. It’s pretty much impossible to succeed! Self-doubt and confidence don’t work together; they work against each other. Confidence will destroy self-doubt, but self-doubt will destroy confidence.
Self-doubt is tormenting. The woman who doubts herself is unstable in everything she does, feels, and decides. She lives in confusion most of the time and wrestles with making decisions and sticking with them, because she is forever changing her mind just in case she might be wrong. A confident woman is not afraid of being wrong! She realizes she can recover from making a mistake and doesn’t allow the fear of making one to imprison her or tie her up in self-doubt.
Lord, I can empathize with Moses’ self-doubts. Help me to honestly face those areas of my life where I have not put my trust in You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment