Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Daily Devotional - Accountability


Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that [the murmurs and excuses of] every mouth may be hushed and all the world may be held accountable to God.
- Romans 3:19
Do you ever say, "I know I shouldn't do this, but . . ."; "I know I shouldn't say this, but . . ."; "I know I shouldn't act like this, but . . ."; "I know I should forgive her, but . . ."? What we're really saying is, "I know I'm making a wrong choice, but I hope I can get by with it."
We live in a society where many people do not want to be accountable. A lot of people want to be able to make wrong choices and not have wrong results. But it doesn't work that way. Accountable means "answerable." Sooner or later we will have to answer for our choices. If we don't choose to be accountable, eventually our circumstances will force us to be accountable.
Power Thought: I make right choices so I will have a right result.

No comments:

Post a Comment