Monday, December 8, 2014

Thoughts Minister Death or Life - Daily Devotional


For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace 
—Romans 8:6 NKJV
Our thoughts are very powerful and they make a huge difference in the quality of our life. Because this is true, we should "think about what we are thinking about," and make sure we are helping ourselves and others, not bringing harm. 
Today's scripture tells us that the mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life. Negative, ugly thoughts minister death to us and also to others, whereas positive, loving thoughts minister life. 
Here is an example of how much our thoughts affect the people around us. I was shopping with my younger daughter one day when she was a teenager. On that particular day, her hair was very messy and her face was broken out. She had on too much makeup, and it did not look good. 
Every time I looked at her I thought, You really don't look very good today. After some time went by, I noticed she was looking depressed, and I asked her what was wrong. 
"I feel really ugly today," she replied. 
When she said that, God whispered in my heart, See what your thoughts have done to her? 
I was immediately convicted that my thoughts were very displeas¬ing to the Lord, and they brought pain to my daughter when what she needed was acceptance and encouragement. 
Often, we think things about people that we would never say to them, but even our thoughts can affect others. Remember that God knows all our thoughts, so let's think on things that will please Him. 
Love Others Today: "Lord, help me to minister life to others and to myself with my thoughts."

No comments:

Post a Comment