Monday, May 5, 2014

Daily Devotional - God Always Provides


And the word of the Lord came to him, saying, Go from here and turn east and hide yourself by the brook Cherith, east of the Jordan. You shall drink of the brook, and I have commanded the ravens to feed you there
—1 Kings 17:2–4
When God called me into the ministry, I spent every free hour I could find studying God’s Word and reading books that taught me biblical doctrine and principles. Many of my friends did not understand my new zeal, and some got angry and rejected me when I said no to their invitations to do things. It was hard for me emotionally to be so misunderstood. I later learned that God was calling me to separate myself as part of my preparation.
I taught home Bible studies for five years to groups that consisted of twenty-five or thirty people. I was faithful and received no financial benefits during that time. As part of my preparation, God led me to quit my job so I would have some time to prepare. It involved sacrificing the salary I made and being willing to trust God for our needs to be met. Learning to trust God in this way was part of my preparation for the ministry we now have, where we must trust God for literally everything. Trust doesn’t just appear in our lives, but it grows as we take steps of faith and experience God’s faithfulness.
Lord, guide me to take steps of genuine faith in You today. I rest in Your faithfulness and abundance of provision. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment